Inventory Audits are the KPIs of how well this whole system is working. They should always end at 100% accuracy.
- At 2:00 p.m. SD sends out Inventory Audit Worksheets (Form #11) and Sold Off Lot Audit worksheets (Form #17) to all dealers to fill out what they have on lot as of 5:00 p.m. on Effective Day. This is what gets reconciled with the SD Inventory status and Sold to Build status. SD gives dealers till 7:00 p.m. on the Effective Day to have all paperwork sent in. Note: Inventory Audits are only 4 times per year and dealer must do it within those hours or hire somebody else to do it within those hours.
- At 2:00 p.m. on the Effective Day, SD sends out Order File Audit Worksheets (Form #12 for Vinyl Structures and Form #12-A for Affordable Barn) and Finished Ready to Be Delivered Audit Worksheets (Form #10 for Vinyl Structures and Form #10-A for Affordable Barn) to Builder’s Headquarters. Builder’s Headquarters gathers all information from all Builders, what they have on Order Files and Finished Ready to Be Delivered as of 5:00 p.m. on Effective Day. Builder’s Headquarters gets all this sent to SD by 7:00 p.m. on the Effective Day. Note: For Inventory Audit purposes Finished Ready to Be Delivered status and Finished Need OHD & Wiring status is considered the same on Builders Headquarters end. They put both on the Finished Ready to Be Delivered status.
- When SD receives back all paperwork, they reconcile and troubleshoot everything, and send the audit to Builder’s Headquarters by 2:00 p.m. the same day (day following Effective Day). Audits should include all buildings in the Order File status, Finished Ready to Be Delivered status, Finished Need OHD & Wiring status, Inventory status, Sold Off Lot status, Delivered Accounts Receivable status, and Completed status. They should all be sent in one continuous numerical order, but should show status (which status above that each individual building is in).
- Builder’s Headquarters reconciles with their Big File and sends any discrepancies to SD for explanation by 10:00 a.m. on the day following Effective Day.
- SD has all explanations back to Builder’s Headquarters by 3:00 p.m. on the day following the Effective Day.
Inventory Audit schedules for 2016 is as follows:
March 31 June 30, September 30, and December 30st.